Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Homemade Deodorant

All these years later I've spent money on deodorant.  Lots of money on deodorant that is natural, free of aluminum and allows my body to sweat in a natural way.  Deodorant that offers fairly short term relief of odor.  The pay-off of using deodorant that is mediocre in preventing smell is being free from fear of the build up of neurotoxicity from the use of aluminum chloride.  This felt like a reasonable trade to me.

I've tried crystals, expensive herbal products, not so expensive roll-ons.  Then finally I discovered this product by Weleda, it is alcohol based and the best part is it's a spray so there's no cross contamination from rolling something on to my stinky pits.  It smells just like a gin & tonic and works so great!  However at $15 every 6 months, not to mention it's difficulty to locate I felt like I needed to research making my own.  And would you know the answer was in my liquor cabinet this whole time?

Reusing my spray bottle I filled it with 100 proof vodka.  I then added 10-20 drops off tangerine essential oil and shook vigorously.  Voila!  I no longer stink and I have an inexpensive, homemade solution to deodorant!

No comments:

Post a Comment