Saturday, March 30, 2013

It's Happening

And it's just about all I can think of.  I'm gathering information, deciding where everything's going to go.  Counting my seeds, wondering just how many carrots I'll get to have homegrown this year, trying my hand at tomatoes, wonderful, delicious, useful and intimidating tomatoes.  The first round of seedlings are started and the first sprouts arrived yesterday afternoon, oh wonderful kale of course you're the first out of the ground.  I wonder who will come in second, I wonder which crops I'll be most impressed with this year?


   

 This was the first morning I found myself up before the rest of my family, I popped on my jacket, donned my mudboots and walked out into the crisp and bright morning air.  The ground was soft yet crunchy with ice beneath my feet and the morning was filled with promise.  Seeing the first garlic sprouts between the seaweed mulch and imagining my garden plan in action there.  I find myself wondering what will be the goals of the yard this year, I see little pieces coming together, and I find myself planning on so much more for this piece of ground that we work.



No comments:

Post a Comment