Friday, March 15, 2013

Pride

Today I turn 30.  Correction, today I turned 30.

Living in the past or the future, we come to milestones.  When the numbers change from a 2 to a 3, or 5 to a 6, it feels monumental.  Society makes these numbers monumental.  We are to come to these numbers with a feeling of dread or of fear.  However I don't feel those things.

I feel as though I'm 30.  I feel as though I have two children, a husband, a home, car payments, animals who rely upon me, family who respects me, community that I make a difference in, friendships that support me.  It feels just as one would hope.  responsibility, passion, balance: these are all mine and I hold them with pride. 

So when you ask me how it feels to be 30, I'll answer, "I feel proud."  I couldn't ask for more.

1 comment: