Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Around The Yard





 


I've been hard at work here in our little section of the world.  Digging and transferring, adding and removing, enjoying and thinking.  Weeding, and weeding, and weeding.  Learning and planning.  So very much planning and so very much action.  The action feels slow, but effective.

The rhubarb is bigger than I expected, the mint has gone positively native.  That herb garden space which felt so effective last year, feels needed for vegetables.  Somethings are perfect as they are, other things needed to be moved, removed, changed.  Many things need to be added and it's a slow process.

I'm enjoying the thought of canning my own tomatoes, though I'm scared they won't grow.  I'm excited about a freezer full of greens.  I'm encouraged that the hot peppers will be grown where the strawberries once were.  The strawberries are blooming and I'm questioning whether or not to pinch their blossoms after transplanting like the literature suggests.  I can't wait to eat salads from the garden.  Fresh dug carrots will soon be here.

Right now it is a game of preparation.  Everything is going in, getting weeded, being beautified.  And with the month of May being a social one, of birthdays, trips and visits, I'm looking forward to the month of June being quieter, spent in our yard, learning to ride a tricycle.  Passing the baby back and forth, back and forth as we pass our tasks back and forth, back and forth.

Creating Retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment