Monday, June 3, 2013

Chasing Chickens.

It's Sunday morning, and we 're so tired.  6am wake-up today.  We've just been falling over at night, there's so much to do on these hot weekend days.  Rafi remembers that he left the chicken door open last night.  That means we have not just a yard full of chickens, but potentially a neighborhood.  While I think this means they'll be out all day, Raf hops out of bed, dons his shorts and out he goes to assemble the flock.  Ce of course joins him.  It takes Gabe and I a few more minutes.  A neighbor raps upon the door to ask us if our hens are indeed out.

I watch Raf from the kitchen window for a few moments.  He needs another blocker it would seem.  I get Gabe settled into his bouncy seat, and then in only my nightgown and mudboots, out I go to corral our girls.

We block left, we block right, we catch a girl by her tail feathers.  One gets away.  Three Raf's already captured.  One we don't even try to chase.  Cecilia chanting, "I'm trying the best I can"  We herd another towards the door, open it, she hops in.  We try that again and it works.  Our seven girls captured. 

And there I am, laughing with my family, on a warm summer morning, chasing chickens, in my nightgown.

1 comment:

  1. love it. such a good memory for ce. she does love those birds.

    ReplyDelete