Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bottomless Love

Sometimes it occurs to me that the love that my children feel is an endless supply. They do not have a need to test the limits of the container of love that exists for them. They worry not that there will be open arms for them when they come home to us. There is almost always a snuggle in the wings; a word of encouragement to come.  It is a special feeling this security. 

It occurred to me this morning as I was reassuring Ce. We were having a conversation about independence, about how we all sometimes have different needs and it was in allowing for each individuals' needs that some of the greatest beauty in life occurred. She hopped out of our bed with a confidence to run downstairs and I called after her, "I love you!"  And off she went!

In her ability to feel safe not returning my message was a teaching moment in love, in security and in life. What gifts these children are in our lives. What a constant presence and present they are. 

With love to you and yours today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment