Monday, May 9, 2011

The Birthday Girl!

So here we are at 1 year old girl. Incredible. Cecilia is truly incredible, I always tell people, wait til you see her! Pigtails, laughter, little games, clapping out of joy, listening on the telephone, kisses too!

Cecilia with her good friend 2 1/2 year old Ellis.


Don't mind me, I'm just eating some delicious "healthy" cake that my mother made for me, covered in whipped cream and berries.


We all had a fantastic time celebrating. The day was begun just before lunchtime with a visit from the midwives and Jean Bookman, we all had lunch together around the table, cake too! What lovely women to share a birthday with, my birthing team, together and reflecting on the events of the previous year, they told me I was incredible in labor, what a complement! I feel so blessed to have had the perfect birth for me. I have been empowered by them.

Birthday Dinner was shared with family, My Auntie Barbs and Brother Nicholas cam up from the south, Parents-in-law Will & Elizabeth, with son Willi, as well as Cecilia's Godparents, Molly & Damon. All 10 of us sat comfortably around our dining room table and ate a fire-roasted leg of lamb, roasted carrots & daikon, bulghur with onions and a tremendous salad. 2 pies for dessert, pumpkin (sugar free for baby) and strawberry-rhubarb custard pie. One of the best things about turning 1 is you only need 1 candle!! (which Cecilia did attempt to blow out) We are a very lucky family to be filled with so much love, admiration and intelligence.

If that wasn't enough we had 1 more birthday celebration on Saturday afternoon, a party for friends and kids! The weather held and we were able to be outside for a bit with the kids using sidewalk chalk and discussion of the gardens. Party snacks included a local cheese plate from Gardenside Dairy and Tide Mill Creamery, Homemade Pickles, Dilly Beans, Carrot Sticks and Broccoli; there were 4-5 pots of coffee made. We had flowers inside and music for hours, the kids were dancing and playing along. Our Family of Friends all together once again! Thanks to all for celebrating with us!



Cora and Doug Dance and Sing together!

photo credits to Tom Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment