Monday, May 9, 2011

On Bein' a Mama

This is me as the Mama to a 1 year old:


How have I changed I ask you? (feel free to post in comments) I see bangs, I see a double chin, there seems to be deeper and happier crow's feet on my face, I have a golden ring on my finger, I feel a bit sleep deprived, I have a little fur family of my very own. Family walks, Family Snuggles, Family Play, that's what makes the day go round, to be with my dearest loved ones, my husband and my child.

We sit and create, me with writing to you, Raf strums on the guitar as the small child bounds across the living room, with toy in hand, smile on face and rushed motive in her feet. This moment, these people who have made me a mother fill me with the easiest love to flow from my heart, my cooking and my laugh. It holds my mind completely, yet also allows me to become quiet and still in it's composition. My purpose is clear as I attach myself to our collective needs and desires, it is a purpose which also frees me in my own passion in life. I feel ever thankful for my place at 3 Brighton Avenue.

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post. I can't believe she is a year old! And sooo cute! Looking forward to seeing you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Anne. You and your family are a gift to all who know and love you.

    ReplyDelete