Thursday, May 19, 2011

Painting Again & Bodywork

In preparation for the Rites of Spring Art Show at The Eastport Arts Center I have (shock!) started a new piece! The theme is Rebirth and each piece has to be a minimum of 18x24". I've been working very, very small these days so the size threw me off. I had a few bad (icky bad) first attempts on this piece. I'm downsizing my "studio" space right now into my Theo's oak writing desk, which has limited space, so working large felt difficult for me. My solution: fold a large piece of paper into 3 panels and work on one at a time, creating a sort 3 piece story with black ink. Interesting thus far, I actually like/love/am proud of what I'm creating... 1 nap at a time!

I'm on a quest to find relief for the pain in my body... an 11 year old unresolved ankle injury, chronic back pain for 10 years, and with the 50 extra pound of pregnancy came aching hips and knees, a year of nursing and lifting has created sore neck/shoulders/upper-back; and of course the active asthma of the last 2 years. So I am on a quest to heal my body. I am seeing McGinley Jones of Lubec for weekly (or twice weekly) bodywork (primarily myofacial massage, which releases the connective tissue of muscless). I've also seen Peter Knowles of Machias for a Chiropractic Adjustment, painful, but effective. I'm feeling some relief in my structure, and I've been inhaler (and asthma) free for a full week now! WOW! Double Wow! That feels amazing. I think my next step is to somehow reincorporate daily yoga into my life, any tips on how to do that? While caring for a 1 year old?

No comments:

Post a Comment