Thursday, July 28, 2011

Invisible Cleaning

The thing about having a 1-year old and not being a neat freak is that your house is not the neatest place. When it was Rafi and I and a few animals and I had pregnancy cleaning hormones the house was able to hold up appearances for a few days after I cleaned (despite not having a kitchen sink), but now that we have a monkey flying around the house things seem to fall apart rather quickly. Now I've resigned myself to that chair in the music room being a catch-all, I mean it has to be! And the basket in the hallway, well it's as designed for it to fill with things. And then the closets are a never-ending cycle of fill with items, get partially organized, fill with items, get partially organized.... you get the idea. I remember reading in the postpartum books about excepting the decline in household chores, to learn to make peace with that, but it's exhausting to live in an unorganized house! I can never find what I'm looking forward, and I know somewhere there's a blank sketchbook just waiting for me, but to access it, phooooo, that's a different story.

What I realize is that so many things that I do are completely invisible, or perhaps it's visible cleaning, it just disappears too quickly for me to revel in it.

(Stay Tuned, I'm planning on posting pictures tomorrow morning!)

No comments:

Post a Comment