Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Support

I am feeling blessed by my friendships this morning. There are women and men in my life who know how to listen to me; who know how to talk to me; who know when to reach out. In my doldrums of sadness yesterday I rolled from one friendship to the next, with my daughter fast to my hip and we all got through together. On a day that I felt more loneliness than I've ever felt before I was surrounded by love and help and companionship.

Life may feel impenetrable at the present moment, but I can feel thankful. I can feel moments of joy. I can find productivity. I can function and I can find the little routines that help me to do that. I can find the places that help. Cecilia and I can take a bath together and listen to Joan Baez. We can walk to South Street Greenhouse and play in the sand, climb around and stare at chickens. I can drink a latte. I can knit. We can watch Sesame Street. I can cry. These are coping mechanisms that I know how to utilize.

Inhale. Exhale. That's another tool.

1 comment:

  1. Annie, you keep it going and you are an inspiration in so many ways. I love & cherish the budding awkwardness we share. (that was supposed to be jokey but real.)love you from here xox!!

    ReplyDelete