Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Morning Wander


I like to take a walk each morning and admire our yard and gardens.  I make a latte, put a wool jacket on over my nightgown and mudboots over my barefeet.  I then make my way around the property, watching, noting, imagining.  There are so many successes out there.  I love to watch the third, fourth and fifth set of leaves come in this time of year.  Those little leaves that start the identification process of the plants and very suddenly we see buds turning to blooms.  In late spring you can often see the difference in plants between the morning and evening times.





I watch my transplants, seedlings and seeds leafing out, getting established, sprouting and it feels like success.  I forever doing little bits each and every day.  Waiting until just the right moment to find a home for all the lush greenery coming into our lives.  It is such a treat to watch our little piece of land take shape, to transform into our personal vision for the world.  It is a vision that involves minimal amounts of mowing.  It is a vision that provides our family with many edibles.  It is a vision that creates a quiet little oasis in our backyard.  It is a slow process creating privacy with plants, but it is one of beauty and joy in my opinion.


Won't you watch a garden grow today my friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment