Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Contentment.

Lately I've been feeling a little discouraged about Eat Local Eastport Land. I started creating all these lofty ideas in my head of what it will be, what it could become, and I fear I got a little bit lost. I was feeling overwhelmed and under-compensated; wanting to makes leaps and bounds forward, but feeling frustrated at the same time. Somewhere in all of these fuddlings I found a place to take a breath, and gain some perspective. It was nice perspective, it was good perspective, it was tiny steps towards what you want and growing what you have. So I postered around town, I talked to friends who have been saying that they want to start ordering. I'm focusing on growing what I have, increasing sales, adding to my customer base. The more I sell out of my house, the better it is for my farmers/producers and the better compensated I am. Everyone wins. Mostly I've learned to be content with what I have, and that feels like the best lesson of all. I can still see and feel greater goals, but I'm moving this month towards those goals from where I am. I feel faith in my community that what I'm doing is necessary, and serving my town feels really good to me.

1 comment:

  1. Taking a step back, taking a breath. Always a good thing.

    And I ordered some food! Yay!

    ReplyDelete