Thursday, September 1, 2011

Telling Time & Inspiration

The first thing that happened is we got a wall hanging clock for our kitchen. This has been a surprising improvement to my life. A simple glance from my station at the dining table, or from the phone, or while cooking breakfast/lunch/dinner and I can easily see what time it is, and I don't even have to subtract 10 minutes, or open my (old dysfunctional) computer to get an accurate reading. The coolest thing about this particular clock is that it has a timer built into it! Plus an old retro kind of feel! Plus it's red! No more timing blanched vegetables off of the clock on the portable phone! This plus my refurbished computer from a little operation called Rafi Hopkins Consulting (have you heard of this webmaster/networking-genius/computer-repairman-extrordinaire? he does fabulous work making you feel like a new person, coming into technological modern times!) and I am like a new homemaker! Sending emails at the speed of light and knowing what time it is!

The inspiration bit comes into play with the new timer, I have some canning, and some blanching/freezing to do. Hot Peppers to pickle, celery to blanch and freeze(for stocks), blueberry jam to make, pesto to make/freeze. And coming with buying club today is more blueberries for jam making, kale to blanch and green beans to blanch and freeze. Busy 24 hours! I think my favorite rose bush has hips ready to harvest as well, so that's worth a drive to the west side of the island. I'm hoping to make some rosehip jelly this year as well as freeze them for teas in the winter. Vitamin C infusion! So we'll see what I can get through today....

No comments:

Post a Comment