Monday, September 5, 2011

Music & Drawing.

This past weekend was Salmon Festival in Eastport, which it turns out is essentially a homegrown music festival. There's also Paint Eastport Day in which many artists in town draw and paint all day then bring the fruits of their efforts to the Arts Center for a big auction, seriously great fun! This is the second year I've participated, and I was trying to figure out how to ehar all the music during the chowder lunch and get my drawings done, I realized I'd love just sitting in the lunch and drawing, so that's what I did!

I picked a small round table in the back of the room, set up my supplies, used Raf's extra beer ticket for an Andrew's Brown Ale and set my supplies out on the table. I decided to do one drawing during each set of music... A Jazz Trio, The Schuth Brothers, High Tide, Doug Beaver, Rafi Hopkins and a subset of all the musicians. I was very pleased to be camped out drawing people and activity, using many colors in a musical environment. To be making artwork publicly which is normally such a private thing for me. And then to have it viewed by many people at the auction... 3 pieces sold! Hurrah!

All that AND a new, short haircut to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment