Thursday, March 15, 2012

Birthday Sweater

Snow fell last night, 29 years after I came into the world. 3:38 am and out I came! My mum said it was a short labor, an easy labor; and there we were, mother and daughter. I was imagining how hard today would be all week, imagining the pain, the sadness, the longing, the awareness that she would not be there. I was imagining missing giving her thanks for carrying me in her womb and birthing me and breastfeeding me. I knew it would be hard to not have a silly care package from her. And her check-in phone call. All of these things I knew would be hard.

However I woke up and it snowed, there is a thin layer of crisp, clean white across the whole island this morning. Who do you think sent that snow? My wonderful sleeping Mumma. And there were sweet snuggles this morning from my family and birthday oatmeal and lattes. Cards, a package and a clean kitchen waiting for me, cheese and chocolate and more from my husband. We had a family dance party to my favorite song. Then we got out of our nightgowns and into our handknits and went outside to enjoy the snow and the season and my first sweater.

So here it is, the flourescent salmon raglan sweater we've all been waiting for is here, and what better backdrop than crisp white snow, freshly painted clapboards and our messy yard? Cecilia is sporting a garter stitch cardigan made by her Mimi. Rafi's hat is the Marsan Watchcap made by yours truly, with Quince & Co. So cozy and so warm.







So Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Anne! I love this shoot of your lovely family.

    xo,
    M

    ReplyDelete