Monday, March 5, 2012

A "New" Room





I've reclaimed the music room once again. I moved the baby grand piano by myself. I also removed about 70% of the musical instrument storage. Very suddenly there is this wide swath of e-m-p-t-y s-p-a-c-e in our home and it feels wonderful. There are 3 amazingly huge windows in this room, they comprise a bay window in our old townhouse and though they are on the north side of the house, there is a lot of light. A huge amount of light is pouring through these windows, across the bare wood floor and finds me at my computer desk. It calls to all of us to take a seat at the piano, create a lick on the guitar, or just sit quietly with a stuffed monkey in your rocking chair. Though it's a cold room (those 3 windows aren't exactly "tight") the added sunlight seems to add a different wind of warmth to our home. It's a magnificent improvement to our lives. Yet another example of when less is in fact more!

2 comments:

  1. I love the NEW music room. So does the girl. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming over to hang out in that room. I'd like to hear more about the solo piano moving. You are superwoman!

    ReplyDelete