Thursday, November 3, 2011

Catering part 5

I just completed my fifth catering gig of the season. This is starting to feel like a regular thing. It was another lovely event for The Tide Institute, a lunchtime, finger foods meal highlighting our local farms! Dream Job!

The Menu:

Pumpkin, Caramelized Onion and Colby Tarts
Lamb Cove Farm, Kilby Ridge Farm, Sonnetal Dairy

Roast Beef with Horseradish Fromage Blanc on Baguette
Tide Mill Farm, Tide Mill Creamery, Homemade in Dennysville

Dill Pickles, Bread & Butter Pickles, Brine Pickles, Pickled Fiddleheads, Dilly Beans & Pickled Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers, Homemade in Eastport

Chevre Platter, Greek Yogurt Dip, Sliced Carrots & Baguette
Gardenside Dairy, Tide Mill Creamery, Tide Mill Farm

Apple Crumble Bars
Maine Grown Liberty Apples, Maine Grown & Milled Flour, Kate's Butter

I absolutely love making local food for people to enjoy. I love it. It is my passion. However I am outgrowing my home kitchen, majorly. So what's the next step? I don't know yet, but something is hatching in this brain of mine. Between my growing buying club, my informal catering and the Starting A Small Business Class that I'm taking the gears are in motion. I feel empowered to make a plan, we'll start with the family plan and move on to the business plan. Wheels are turning...

No comments:

Post a Comment