Monday, November 21, 2011

How Knitting is Similar to Carpentry

These past few weeks I have found myself entrenched in a few new/different pastimes. Knitting and Carpentry. Knitting feels like an obsession to me. Carpentry feels like a pre-winter necessity. They are both fairly new things to me and they both have a pretty steep learning curve. I am learning both as I go; I note the places where I'm stubborn, where I have to start over and where I have a comfortable ease. Mostly I'm learning that they're are both fields where you can really compensate for your errors as you make them, or perhaps in a few rows or courses of shingles. I also have to watch the posture of my body while I'm working, a little preventative work saves a world of pain later on. It's also a magnificent feeling of accomplishment as you finish up bits and pieces of projects! How fun it is to see these two very separate worlds colliding.

No comments:

Post a Comment