Tuesday, May 8, 2012

reflect

I've been reflecting lately on how much better my life is with my partner.  I am feeling so thankful for Rafi being in my life.  I love the companionship, trust and convenience of my marriage!  It's so nice to know we're in it together, when I come in short, he's there to pick-up my pieces and vice versa.  Having someone as wonderful as Rafi makes it all the better.  We've come a long way the two of us.

It seems a mother does a lot of reflection when her baby has a birthday.  I think about 2 years ago and 3 years ago and boy have our lives changed.  The house is such a tactile example of our life changes, peeling paint, falling in porch and tar paper backside have been transformed.  We're squaring up the angles, refinishing the surfaces and applying new materials.  Our relationship has gone from that of courtship to realism; we've weathered some bumps and healed some bruises along the way.  We're in a team, it's a team that enables each of us to be.  When we hit road blocks instead of calling for help, we pull out our compass, our checkbook and some work gloves; and begin the hard work of fixing the road ahead.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I love this family of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment