Monday, July 16, 2012

Sitting At The Market



This week I got a little bee in my bonnet on Friday night and joined in the fun at The Eastport Farmer's Market (Saturdays, 10-1 at Overlook Park).  I made a selection of prepared foods using local ingredients, many of which from my own garden, which felt somewhat self satisfying.  There were egg sandwiches, massaged kale salads, yogurts cups with rhubarb sauce, chocolate milk and much, much more.  I had some canned goods on the table and some herb bouquets from my garden.  What I didn't have was shade and that was sorely missed when selling prepared foods for 3 hours.  It wasn't incredibly lucrative, but it was plenty of fun!  And I believe I'll do it again as the whim strikes me with tweaks here and there to save my time and energy.


No comments:

Post a Comment