Monday, August 29, 2011

Catering Part 3

So I've had my third catering gig of the Summer, this one a 2-day retreat for CCLC staff and board. Lunch 2 days. Half local/half more affordable. One-third veg, Two-thirds meat. It felt really easy to organize these lunches. I was immediately able to jot down meal ideas, establish costs and factor in my hours. I felt official, and it felt great. I loved it, crafting my time, and knowing how long it would take me. I loved the idea of nourishing friends and strangers with delicious food in the middle of their day, and knowing it would be a treat for them! I felt knowledgeable, I felt like I was helping out, and I felt like I was doing something that made a lot of sense to me.

Every time I do business providing food service I feel like I'm living my calling, a thought that scares me a bit. Raf and I always discuss a day in which we run a restaurant, and then we immediately laugh off the idea, saying "if we were ever silly enough to go into business, in Eastport running food service! That's crazy!" However more and more the idea becomes unlaughable because this store is one that I want, it's a place I can see myself inhabiting and it's a place in which I can see many people from the community spending their time. And before I get too wrapped up in any one idea I remind myself to... Inhale, Exhale, see what the future brings!

3 comments:

  1. Keep making that delicious food! I will support you in starting your dream store... as you said: let's see what the future brings.

    -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could totally do it, Anne. And hey, I miss you...xo

    ReplyDelete