Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Planting Seeds In My Dreams!

First there was the image of a gigantic Osprey nest a top a tree, it was as big as an island, sitting in the branches of a bent tree, in the middle of a shoreline.

Then there was an art class I was taking, carving granite and forming plaster. There were friends and members of my Eastport community in the class. The thought was to create a series of sculptures where plaster was poured into a Plexiglas form and seeds were slid in along the plastic, so they were visible from the exterior. I like this idea, the cross-section of germination. I believe I'll explore this today in my personal time for art. The Cross Section of Germination. I imagine a series of drawings with corn, chard, lettuce, cabbage, garlic, potato and nasturtium seeds placed beneath the soil with tendrils of roots coming down and the littlest leaves rising out of the ground. Off to work then!

What creative images do you see in your dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment