Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Growth Spurts.

I'm starting to pull the 18 month clothes out of the dresser in the guest room. I'm checking for fall coats and hats in the warm clothes drawer too. The girl is getting long! She is so tall and smart, her comprehension rate is soaring. Questions like "where is your shoe" normally result in a shoe being found these days. Her vocabulary is becoming clearer, perhaps only to Mumma and Puppa, but she says versions of all these words now: Hi Kitty, Banana, Ball, Chicken, Baby, Yummy. There is also the mimicking, she wants to learn words and as I say words that she can imitate she repeats back to me over and over again. She is pretty incredible stuff.

Then there's my own growth spurt, less physical and more on the spiritual/emotional plane. I've been asking for a few months to come back in to myself after 2 years of my body primarily being a catalyst for Miss Ce to grow from. However with the weaning process complete I find myself syncing up with myself once again, especially with the help of my most recent 4 day green juice fast. My body feels like my own and best of all my spirit feels in my body again. I feel so blessed and thankful for the role of mother. I love giving birth and breastfeeding and being pregnant and I also love not doing all of those things. I'm adjusting to the amazement of what this female body can do, and I'm regaining my strength, one breath at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment