Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I Have A Collection...

...and surprisingly enough it keeps growing since I've moved to Eastport! It is LeSportsac handbags. I know, I know I don't seem like the handbag type, I rarely carry one, but I have a small part of my heart that goes woozy for LeSportsacs. As all good things in life this is rooted in nostalgia, you see my Great-Aunt Thea Leni always carried one style, in navy blue across her sturdy little shoulders. She was a practical lady, frugal, sensible not inclined towards expensive things, but she always carried this singular brand name item. I began associating that little zipper strip on the bag with her sensibility. Then I moved to New York.

I remember being in Soho and seeing the LeSportsac store for the first time, I was star-struck, so I wandered in with my jaw slightly dropped, realizing that this brand also had some of the coolest patterned bags I'd ever seen! I coveted each bag I saw, imagining myself carrying it, but looked at the price tag and knew it was something I could only covet at this juncture in life. AND THEN! I went to the department store Century 21, across from the WTC, and realized they always had many a brand name bag at extremely discount prices, so it became a regular stop to see if they had an affordable bag in a pattern and shape that I liked. Then it happened, sophmore year, I bought one! It was a simple shape, perfect for carrying large pads of paper and supplies to Illustration class, a black and grey flowered pattern, and I still use it to this day to carry my art supplies when I'm on the move.

I've had a pink shoulder purse which I used for so long and hard that it became beyond filthy. I've had 2 different small wallets with attached keychains. I bought a shoulder bag at one point that I now use as my knitting bag featuring woodland animals. My biggest and most intentional LeSportsac purchase was The Weekender Bag, black circles on a white background, perfect for weekend getaways with your husband (perhaps I'll use it this weekend!). Most recently I found the smaller version of the weekender bag in red at The New To You, which it turns out my friend Kristin had thrifted, we've been using at as a diaper bag now and love it! Then just yesterday my friend Lindy brought me a little score she'd had at the Brewer Goodwill, a striped laptop bag that she gifted to me, very thoughtful. So much waterproof cute-patterned convenient carrying durable fun in my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment