Tuesday, October 11, 2011

peeing.

It seems that as of Monday Cecilia became interested in using the potty. I've been asking her for awhile now if she'd like to and she shakes her head no, or when I put her on the toilet seat she arches her hips dramatically and wails. I figured the elimination communication I did when she was an infant had been lost in the shuffle. However! She's starting using the toilet! Little squirts and farts, or big pees. Before bed last night she had a great big pee on the potty with toothbrush in mouth (in fact she went to bed with her toothbrush). Just yesterday after lunch we used the potty together and then she gave me the "more" sign and we went back to the potty and she peed some more!

Now I know there's a learning curve here and I'm sure we will go forward and backward on this whole thing, but I'm just happy that she's interested; that she's excited about it! When I go to the bathroom now, she comes with me and sits on her own potty. This new interest makes lots of sense as she's become so interested in doing things as we do them. For instance, salt on her eggs, she needs it! Steamed milk in her cup, yum! And of course shoes on everyone's feet all the time.

I was just beginning to wonder about potty training, and whether I ought to read a book or something and here she is showing interest on her own! These kids are pretty neat!

1 comment:

  1. Who needs books when your best teacher is sitting right in front of you (on her potty!)? Great news!

    ReplyDelete