Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Success Is Shared:

I'm very pleased, I did something that a year ago I was not confident was possible. With Cecilia at nearly 18 months I fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans! I was desperate for a pair of pants on Saturday afternoon so in a very off chance I went up to my box of clothes in the attic. I dug through and found a pair of jeans, held them up, questioned my judgment in even trying to fit them over my hips, but then I did. Right there in the attic. I wobbled on one leg putting myself into the cold old pants. My legs felt alright and I scooted the material up my thighs and held my breath a little as I got to my hips (I was convinced my skeleton had gotten wider). And there it was, that graceful slide of jeans over butt, a quick button later and there I was in something that had not fit me for exactly 2 years. I remember it was my trip to New York at the end of October in 2009 that I first felt the feeling of my baby belly being too big for my pants.

So here I am doing something I thought may have been impossible. There IS grace in the universe. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment