Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bravery & Emotion

It's fascinating as a parent to watch my own child feel so safe expressing her own sadness, anger, frustration, joy, pain and more. Her ability to act out her emotions is tremendous, overwhelming, but tremendous. She's a fantastic educator this little friend of mine who shows me by example that it's safe to show her anger, when she is so irrational and consumed by her emotion.

This is a trial for me, I've never really learned how to express anger. As a child there was enough of it around me that I felt safer going inward and as Rafi and I grow into one another we seem to have less passive aggressive sadness and more outright communication. With trust and comfort seems to come the ability to honestly express yourself without fear. It feels like a continual blessing to have a family who empowers me to better feel & understand my emotional state. Even better is having a daughter who is so fearless in helping me open up to the bravery inside me and explore safe ways to express myself. I feel present when she's feeling her extremes and waiting with a hug when she's ready to come up for air.

No comments:

Post a Comment