Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Reminder

Hello family of friends. I've been getting a lot of concerned notes, calls and eyes lately. I know that my blog posts have not been cheery, reminder: I am not cheery right now. Yes, I have cheery moments, and yes, I'm still quite functional, and yes, I'll be just fine, but this is the most difficult emotional shift in my life. My mother was killed in a car accident and I am a new mother and wife. Oh, and it's the middle of winter. I have a full plate and the time I spend on my blog seems to be a time where I am reflective, where I am asking questions, where I am presenting some difficult truths.

I breathe.
I journal.
I do yoga.
I have an amazing husband.
I have not one, but two psychologists.
I walk daily.
I take antidepressants.
I have friends I can trust and rely upon.
I play and dance with Cecilia every single day.
I take hot baths.
I knit.

I am ok, I am just struggling. Please do not worry, thank-you!

3 comments:

  1. i worry because i love you! as much as i miss cheery anne, i also know you need time and space. and i don't want you to fake cheeriness. fake cheeriness is the worst. looking forward to walking, playing and dancing with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The feeling of people being concerned and worried about you is kind of an icky one isn't it? Even though it is done out of love, it kind of cements you into that place in a wierd way. But to know that so many people love you that much is pretty darn great. Love you Annie-pants!

    ReplyDelete