Monday, February 20, 2012

Drinking & Knitting in Brunswick

After bringing a very excited Cecilia to stay with her Grammy and Grumpy for two nights I was left to my own devices in Brunswick for a glorious 3 days. I've spent much of this time with these two:
We've generally been having decadent meals, enriching conversations, moments of clearing, sorting through my mother's giant collections and sharing tears and laughter. It's been some very nice quiet time for my soul and spirit to be with these 2 generations of Hawes'. Relaxing and fun family time.

I've also had some time to myself, and in those moments I've walked through Bowdoin's campus straight to my favorite coffee shop in Brunswick, The Bohemian Coffee Roasters, to find some solitude in these:

Sip... Sip... Stitch... Stitch... Stitch... Stitch... Sip...

And then I found myself post yarn store indulgence at an old mill building at the bar of The Frontier Cafe sipping on a very dry cider. I sat eavesdropping on the waitstaff ending their shifts after Sunday Brunch. Very quietly knitting and sipping, tending to not a soul, but myself.

Thank goodness for grandparents, wool and indulgences.

1 comment: