Monday, February 6, 2012

Snippets

-I'm back on lattes and they feel oh so good: comforting, warm, milky, gentle, sweet; Ce is pretty pleased to have steamed milk be a part of regular day to day as well.

-I've completed 6 knitting projects since mid-January, I'm learning a lot about patterning and, boy do I feel comfortable making a hat that fits! I'm really enjoying working through my mum's yarn stash and exploring using many colors in one design. This is my creativity these days, and it feels really great, and functional to boot.

-Cecilia has just come downstairs in only a diaper and has run to the window shouting and pointing, "snow! snow! snow!" out the window.

-There is forward energy on Eat Local Eastport Buying Club, it is growing and I can feel myself getting ready to shift to better meet my community's needs. The question is how to be properly compensated for my energy & time while keeping costs low to the consumer. There is a workshop coming up between Washington County Buying Clubs & Farmers that will hopefully be helpful in continuing my dialog and then I plan to create time to have further conversations within Eastport to get a firm understanding of what people really want out of their local food source. The trick will be balancing my ideals of a 90% local food chain with most consumer's reality of a 10% local food consumption rate.

-I am constantly reminding myself that life is simply taking steps forward and backward. I am just trying to keep my footsteps balanced with hope that I might end up facing forward when I catch my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment