Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Look What I Did...

I went to Purl Diva in Brunswick with a reasonable budget of $40 for yarn. I spent ages combing each room, imagining what I could make, touching the yarns, admiring the colors, the softness of the wools. I bought 2 skeins of a lovely merino fair trade wool that was kettle-dyed, by Manos, the name of the yarn was "Speeding Ticket," an incredible hot pink-salmon color. And then I bought another chunky purple skein for a quick little project.

Then I got back to Ed's house and started to stew overnight and peek at patterns and imagined myself in a sweater. A hot pink sweater. A soft sweater. A hand-knit, feminine sweater. Then somehow I convinced myself to blow my budget and purchase another 4 skeins of the marvelous yarn:

Speeding Ticket Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment